Serpentine belt coming off l6-4.0l 1999 oil leaks drive b...

Q: Serpentine belt coming off

asked by on February 09, 2016

The serpentine belt keeps coming off, and oil is spitting out from the front main seal.

Hello. The oil that is spitting out from the front main seal is leaking onto the serpentine belt, and belt pulleys. This is causing the serpentine belt to slip off. The front main seal will need to be replaced with the serpentine belt. I would recommend that you have your serpentine belt serviced by a certified technician to have this issue properly taken care of.