Q: My engine is burning oil, is it worth the fix?

I have almost no other problems with this car (Aside from the AC), so i would like to hold on to it if I can. Unfortunately I need to add a quart of oil every 2000 miles. Can I drive like this? Should I replace the engine? Should I fix it?

A: Adding a quart of oil every 2000 miles is a...

Adding a quart of oil every 2000 miles is annoying, but it’s within tolerance of what many manufacturers specify as "normal consumption." If you like the car, and aren’t bothered by the A/C issue, I would say keep it and monitor the oil consumption. Do yourself a favor and have it inspected for leaks by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to make sure that you aren’t losing any oil besides to just to consumption.