Q: was running in idle. went to reverse and it died. i turned it back on and it seemed to shake.

don't know what the problem is

A: Hello. If the vehicle is turning off and id...

Hello. If the vehicle is turning off and idling rough then there is a problem with the powertrain. It can be an issue with the throttle body or possibly an issue with one of the engine sensors. I usually check for codes first. If there are none then I check the sensor outputs to make sure that the sensors are fine. If the sensors are good then I do a compression test as valve seats are a common failure on this vehicle. If you want to have this rough idle checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose why it is idling rough and make necessary repairs.