Q: Car vibrates and burning smell in wheel

asked by on June 14, 2016

There has been a vibration in the entire car when I'm driving at lower speeds. I was thinking it might be a tire balance issue. Now, there’s a burning smell coming from the left rear wheel. Could this be fixed by replacing that brake caliper and pad?

If the brake caliper has failed, a replacement could repair the vibration issue. The most likely cause of the low speed idle is a parking brake failure, brake system issues, drive axle failure, or a bent wheel. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the vibration issue and perform any repairs that are required.