Q: My sunroof doesn't work at all and my ac is blowing hot air

The buttons don't do anything when you push them to open the sunroof. It doesn't even make a noise and the ac blows hot air. Is it a fuse or a relay switch?

The sunroof and the air conditioning system are two separate systems and are not connected to the same fuse. While a blown fuse for either system is possible, any number of faults can be causing each system to stop working.

Besides a bad fuse, if the air conditioning system has a low charge or leak, the AC compressor will not run to provide cold air. Same goes for the sunroof. If the fuse has been checked and is good, there can be a short/ broken wire, or the switch or motor may have failed.

Your vehicle has two fuse box locations: one under the hood near the battery, and the other inside the car under the passenger side dash. The owner’s manual has a diagram of where each fuse is located. Check and replace any blown fuses.

If all the fuses are good, then you may want to have a local service center or mobile technician diagnose your faulty AC system and sunroof, then recommend the best path to repair.

3. My sunroof doesn't work at all and my ac is blowing hot air