Q: Need tips to improve acceleration on my car

My car has very poor acceleration. What grade of gas should I use in my gas tank? Are there any modifications that I can make to improve the acceleration?

A: Your vehicle is meant to use 87 octane regu...

Your vehicle is meant to use 87 octane regular gasoline. If the poor acceleration is a new issue, many mechanical faults, such as low fuel pressure or a clogged air filter may be causing the problem. Improving acceleration, even with modifications, can be a difficult and costly endeavor. If the acceleration is very abnormal, it is possible that you may be experiencing a potentially large problem. In that case, I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle’s acceleration behavior to see if any repairs are needed.