Q: Does replacing the upstream oxygen sensor with a different brand as the down stream cause the engine to throw more codes?

I replaced my upstream oxygen sensor with a Denso brand while the downstream is still the factory installed oxygen sensor. Does this cause the computer to emit codes cause the sensors are different?

Hi, thanks for writing in. This should not affect the functionality of the O2 sensors, as long as the replacement sensor is in fact the correct part for your application. If your car continues to produce fault codes, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect these codes for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Does replacing the upstream oxygen sensor with a different brand as the down stream cause the engine to throw more codes?