Q: Why would my 2003 Chevrolet Impala stall and now it runs rough.

asked by on April 26, 2017

The car died while i was driving it. It started right back up but I noticed that when I rev the engine while it is in park, it is not a smooth rev. It kind of sputters like it doesn't have full power. I don't notice any issue while driving, and the "check engine" light is not on. Could this be a spark plug issue, is it a misfire, loss of fuel to engine? Thanks in advance

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Though there are a lot of things that can cause this typically it is due to an issue with a failure in a spark plug or an ignition coil failure. If there is not a check engine light on I will still install a scan tool to look for misfires and to see if there are any faulty sensors readings. If you have not had a tune up done recently then that may be all that it needs. If you are looking to get this taken care of, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the engine is running rough] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-idle-is-rough-inspection