Q: My car won't start. It tries to turn over but won't.

It started the other day when I went to leave work and the car wouldn't start so I tried to jump start it and nothing happened. The next day I went to work and it started but very weakly. I tried to go to work this morning. Got to the gas station and it died again. Same thing, won't start and tries to turn over. I checked the spark plugs and made sure all connections were good.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. Your battery may...

Hi, thanks for writing in. Your battery may need to be replaced. If you don't have the right about of Cold Cranking Amps your vehicle will fail to start. There is no way to check this though. Also, your alternator could be going bad. Generally alternators fine, but once in a while you will hear about ones that are going bad. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.