Q: Thermostat problems

The A/C in my car blows only hot air. The thermostat was working great until last week. Now when it gets to 80 it starts blowing the hot air. What is causing this and can it be fixed?

There are a few common causes for the AC blowing hot air, the most common is that the vehicle is low on refrigerant, other causes could be the blend motor has failed or the compressor is not working properly. A qualified technician like the ones at YourMechanic will have little trouble diagnosing this AC issue and performing any required repairs.

3. Thermostat problems