Q: When I turn my signal lights on. Why does my brake light goes out? I move it up and down they come back on. What can cause that?

I have a 97 Monte Carlo when I turn the signal light of the lamp the bright lights go out what can cause that

Hi there. You may have something broken or worn inside the turn signal switch. I recommend replacing the turn signal switch. There also could be a loose ground near the brake lights that could be causing the lights to shut off when the turn signal switch is active. If you need further assistance with your brake lights shutting off when the turn signal switch is activated, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• When I turn my signal lights on. Why does my brake light goes out? I move it up and down they come back on. What can cause that?