Q: I have a 2001 5.4 Ford F150. The oil pressure light & gauge is on.

asked by on October 27, 2016

the oil pressure gauge only register after after the engine has ran for a bout 5 min.

Oil level is low Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello there, many common faults will result in your oil pressure gauge reading only after a few minutes and the Oil Pressure Light being on in your 2001 Ford F-150. The most common fault that would cause this is low oil pressure. Low oil pressure is a serious problem and the engine should not be ran until the issue has been resolved.

Common causes of low oil pressure are low oil level, oil leak, failing oil pump, or mechanical engine wear. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your oil pressure light and make any repairs required.