Q: Starting issue, 1991 Saab 9000

Car needs to have a jump-start every time to get it started runs for a little while then dies

A: Typically, when this type of problem occurs...

Typically, when this type of problem occurs, the most common causes are either a bad battery, or a poor connection. If the vehicle starts and runs normally after being jumped, this is usually a sign that there may be enough power to run the accessories, but there's not enough power getting to the starter. A weak battery is not uncommon, as they will wear out over time. It is also possible that there could be a poor connection due to corrosion, or a connection has loosened up. It would be best to have the battery tested first, and then go from there. If you need somebody to test and replace your battery, I would recommend having a professional technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to fix the issue.