Q: Locating PCV Valve on 2008 Dodge Dakota 3.7L V6

asked by on July 03, 2017

Looked in the Chilton's book, my PCV Valve doesn't come out of the oil filler tube like it's pictured. Went to the store, the part that is labeled for it is not the regular 90 degree "turn and pull" type. It's a threaded metal on one end, then the plastic end where it rattles. No 90 degree angle. I've looked under my hood for about 30 mins, taken out the air filter housing. I must be blind. Need a pic of where this is.

Hi there. This is one of those rare cases when Chilton got it wrong. The PCV valve is actually located on the other side of the engine in the back and near the firewall. It’s located in the rear of the left-side cylinder head.