Q: Red bolt and engine light came on. Starts up fine with a rough idle for 3 seconds. Then it idles fine. But won't rev past 2000rpm.

Recently got a new engine. Picked it up 4 days ago. Then today I was taking off and the red bolt light started flashing. Check engine light came on. It starts up fine but had a rough idle for about 3 seconds. Then idled fine. But won't go past 2000 rpms and it's currently in limp mode.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is having issues with its electronic throttle. There have been many cases of bad motors that control the opening and closing of the throttle based on the sensors that detect movement in the throttle pedal. Considering you just had the engine rebuilt, your best bet is to have those technicians repair whatever has gone wrong under warranty. You can also have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes to get an idea of what the computer has detected is wrong. If you need help making the repair, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Red bolt and engine light came on. Starts up fine with a rough idle for 3 seconds. Then it idles fine. But won't rev past 2000rpm.