Q: Is it okay to turn the rotors with a car that has 23k miles and low pad warning light

rear brakes pads are low with warning light on is it okay to turn the rotors

Hello. You may have performance type brakes with ceramic pads and holes in the rotors surface for heat dissipation. These need to be replaced and cannot be resurfaced in most cases. If you have normal brakes with no holes in the rotors, then you may be able to resurface them. The cost of replacement may be less than replacing them in matched axle pairs only. If you would like to move forward with rotor replacements, YourMechanic can source the correct rotors and have one of our professionals perform this service at your home or office.

3. Is it okay to turn the rotors with a car that has 23k miles and low pad warning light