Q: Steptronic shifter stopped working

I am unable to shift with the shift knob but the paddle shifters work fine. What might be the problem here? Thanks!

It seems that the switch in your shifter assembly that tells the computer you want to shift a gear manually has failed. The switches for the paddles on your steering column are still good. So they are functional. This is not an uncommon problem. These switches momentarily complete a circuit and over time the contacts can wear out. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic. They will come to you with their diagnostic equipment and find the root cause of why your car will not manually shift with the gear lever. Once the cause is found they will prepare an estimate and make the repairs with your approval.