Q: Crunching / cracking sound when turning sharp right at low speeds

I notice a very hard crunching or cracking sound (it's not a clicking) when turning sharp right at very low speeds (1-5 mph) or reversing and turning right. I assume it's a CV axle but I have no idea which one (driver or passenger side).

A: The noise is most likely an outer axle join...

The noise is most likely an outer axle joint. The joint that makes the noise when turning right will be the right or passenger side axle. If it was turning left and the noise happens then the noise would be the left axle outer joint. I recommend having the front axles and bearings inspected for the noise to see if one or both outer axle boots are torn open damaging both or just the one axle.