Q: Engine loses power, shuts off

My car has gone 119,000 miles. The other day, while I was driving at the highway at the speed of around 65 mph, I felt the engine started losing power. This happened during acceleration. The screen started showing the fuel pump warning on. The car couldn't run anymore so I pulled over. I managed to restart it after half an hour or so. I took the car to the dealer after this happened. He had the codes read. The error codes were 006292 and 006293, indicating the low pressure fuel pump issue. I had it replaced along with the low pressure sensor and fuel filter. This hasn't solve the problem and I don't know what to do. Do you have any suggestions?

A: Hello there, losing power in this manner is...

Hello there, losing power in this manner is not usual for the BMW 535i. The fuel pump warning light on your vehicle comes on when the computer detects lower than normal fuel pressures. Many different faults can cause this low pressure such as the fuel pump and low pressure sensor. Other possible causes would be a stuck open fuel injector, clogged fuel filter, damaged fuel line, or a fuel leak. I recommend having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the loss of power to determine if either the fuel system is not reading properly, or if there is low fuel pressure in the system.