Q: Not shifting into higher gears - 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

I put the vehicle in drive it will go and make it s first gear shift, however as I progressively get going faster the engine will rev up, the oil gauge spikes up and it doesn't shift, I let off the accelerator and it will shift. I can't get going any faster then 60 mph and at that speed the rpms are around 3500 and it won't shift into any more of the higher gears. I don't hear any rattling, or clumping, nor do I have any light s on the dashboard lit up.

It sounds to me like your are having a bit of transmission trouble. First, check the level and condition of the transmission fluid. If the fluid is dark and burned, there may be a mechanical failure inside the unit. If the fluid is clean, there problem might be electrical. A faulted speed sensor signal is an example of something that might cause the transmission to get confused. This type of problem will require thorough visual inspection and testing to confirm the actual problem. I would recommend having a certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the shifting problem and follow through with repairs.

3. Not shifting into higher gears - 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500