Q: Replaced ignition lock cylinder in my Mazda 3. How do I reprogram it to start the car?

Replaced ignition lock cylinder in a 2004 Mazda 3, automatic. How do I reprogram it to start the car?

Hi there. Put the key into the ignition and turn it on. Then press the lock button on the key fob and turn off the ignition. Then turn on the ignition and press the unlock button on the key fob and turn off the ignition. Then turn on the ignition and press the trunk button and turn off the ignition. Now, put the key in the driver door and unlock the door and lock the door. At the same time, push the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob. This will finish the programming sequence. Then the vehicle should restart up. If you need further assistance with reprogramming you key fob, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Replaced ignition lock cylinder in my Mazda 3. How do I reprogram it to start the car?