Q: Thermostat gauge drops suddenly while driving, the car seems to lose power then regains it but doesn't stall

Sometimes I'll let off the gas a lil and it won't choke up

Q: I am trying to do distributor timing.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. You would need to disconnect the timing connector near the distributor and set the timing by using a timing light, then reconnect the connector. You may have to pay about an hour labor for...

Q: Fuel filter location - 2006 Ford FOCUS (South Africa model)

Hi there - your mechanic was being straight with you. The fuel filter is attached to the fuel tank on the S. African models, with a seal in between the filter and tank. Getting a proper fit on re-assembly in...

Q: Engine bogs down

The ignition timing may have jumped, causing the timing to be off. The ignition timing will need to be checked to see if the camshaft timing jumped. If the timing is not the cause, then check to see if the...