Q: Hi, im hearing a creaking noise everytime i turn my wheel on my dodge stratus. Sometimes when it rains, the noise goes away but th

Creaking noise when turning the wheel. Noise sometimes goes away when it rains but comes back when it dries. It creaks real bad as I turn the wheel. I got my control arms replaced but it wasnt the issue. What could be the problem?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The control arms were a good guess, and there are several other tests you can do. You may be dealing with a failing steering or suspension component. You can start by performing a bounce test. The goal in gently bouncing all four corners of the vehicle is to check the shocks by themselves, and listen for the noise you are hearing. If you cannot replicate the noise, inspect the tie rods and steering rack. From there you should make sure all of the bushings are lubricated. For more help finding the source of the sound, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Hi, im hearing a creaking noise everytime i turn my wheel on my dodge stratus. Sometimes when it rains, the noise goes away but th