Q: Slight engine tick, not a bad sound in one but I'd just like if k could fix it.

Hey there my names Travis, I own a 2007 Hyundai Accent, replaced many things including timing belt and pulleys tensioners, two valves were replaced, multiple senors all belts and pulleys but I still have a slight tick at around 2000/2200 rpm when it's in neutral, can't tell if I'm driving but I would just like to know if it's worth taking in the shop asap because I'm kinda short on cash right now and the family is planning a long distance drive vacation and I'd love if I didn't break down. The car is in immaculate shape other then this is say it's perfect. But the tick sounds like a bad bearing or something along the lines of that coming from the top left side of the engine. I'm thinking it's coming from inside the timing belt cover or could be some inner engine damage. I'm not hard on the car at all either

A: There are few situations that require the e...

There are few situations that require the engine to be revved to 2200 rpm when the transmission is in neutral. Some small ticking noises can come from exhaust leaks at the exhaust manifold. One thing some people try to do is include an oil additive with there oil changes like Lucas oil stabilizer. The oil stabilizer improves lubrication during engine operation and if the noise does reduce using this method, the problem may be mechanical. Hire an experienced technician like the ones we have here at YourMechanic to assess the noise from the engine and estimate a repair.