My 2010 Honda Fit Sport keeps showing a decrease in oil b...

Q: My 2010 Honda Fit Sport keeps showing a decrease in oil but no oil leak. Last week it was at 15 percent and now its at 10 percent.

asked by on July 01, 2017

My Honda Fit 2010 sport keep showing on the dashboard that its losing oil. Last week it was at 15 percent. Now it is at 10 percent. It also has a mechanic wrench in orange staying on all the time lit up on the dashboard.

The values that you are referring to, 10%, 15%, etc, do not represent the level or amount of oil in the engine. The oil level in your vehicle can only be checked using the engine oil dipstick under the hood. If you have not been checking the oil level regularly, you should do immediately in case you are operating with too little oil. The percentages (10%, etc.) simply represent estimated oil "lifetime", that is time until an oil change is required. Inasmuch as the read-out is 10%, that means that 90% of the "lifetime" of the oil is gone and you now have 10% life remaining. There is no need to wait until the remaining oil life is literally zero; you should simply have the oil changed now and, again, check the level immediately using the engine oil dipstick so you don’t run the engine with too little oil.

Inasmuch as the wrench symbol is on constantly, that means that there may be other required maintenance. These other required maintenance items will be listed in sub-menus in your vehicle information display and access to those sub-menus is explained in the Owner’s Manual. If you like, you can request an oil/filter change via YourMechanic and, at the same time, the mechanic can access the sub menus and determine what other vehicle maintenance is required and go over that with you. To request an oil/filter change, please use YourMechanic’s convenient, on-line oil and filter change service page. At that page you can get an instant, itemized quote and schedule as desired. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.