Q: Intermittent hesitation occurring

Car is a 2002 Honda Accord Lx 4cyl 2.3 I had recently replaced a distributor due to a oil leak and car hesitating if i try to go over 3000 rpm. The car continues to hesitate(stutter) when trying to go over 3000 rpm, but only after driving around for 10-15 minutes, so the max speed caps off to about 45-50 mph. The code P1381 appears on the scanner. My mechanic has searched for the problem like the electrical current and wiring, but has yet to find anything. Another thing I had noticed is the hard idle when the heater is turned on after a while and rpm goes down. The car turns on quick and drives great but this issue is frustrating.

Hi There, Code P1381 is related to the crankshaft position sensor malfunctioning. The crankshaft position sensor is an electronic device used to monitor the position or rotational speed of the crankshaft. This information is used by engine management systems to control the fuel injection or the ignition system timing and other engine parameters. When this is faulty or not working properly, this will cause problems with the ignition system and generating spark transmission to the spark plugs resulting in starting problems and other performance issues. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your crankshaft position sensor.

3. Intermittent hesitation occurring