Q: My tachometer isnt working correctly

My tachometer isnt working correctly. It bounces jumps from working to getting stuck at 4 and goes backwards when it shifts .shifts normally no issues it donts stall it idles fine just my tachometer isnt reading/working correctly. It every now and then fixes it self but then later messes up again idk wjat the issues is

A: The two most likely causes of this issue wo...

The two most likely causes of this issue would be the sensor that controls the tachometer or the gauge cluster itself. I would recommend having the sensor inspected and tested first to determine if it is performing correctly. If the sensor is malfunctioning I would recommend having it replaced in order to resolve this issue. If the sensor turns out to be okay I would then have the instrument cluster tested to determine if the needle on the tachometer has an issue. If this is the case I would then recommend having the instrument cluster replaced by a qualified professional.