Q: Car overheating

My car is overheating, even though I recently had the water pump and thermostat changed.

A: You might have an air pocket in the cooling...

You might have an air pocket in the cooling system. Air pockets are common on some vehicles and can be a headache. When the cooling system is opened and coolant drained, air from the atmosphere gets in the engine. Once the system is sealed back up and coolant refilled, the air can stay trapped in the engine. This pocket of air travels until it get to the thermostat. Once there it doesn't let the hot water touch the thermostat. This keeps the thermostat from opening and causes the vehicle to overheat. The system will continue to overheat until the air pocket is bled out. Have a certified mechanic from YourMechanic inspect your vehicle to have your vehicle's overheating problem diagnosed more precisely in person.