Car went into limp mode after putting gas mini cooper 200...

Q: Car went into limp mode after putting gas

asked by on August 09, 2017

So I filled up my gas tank on my way to work and after driving maybe 3 mins away from gas stations got the safe mode light my car was into limp mode it has no power at all , it's been 2 weeks since then It's still into limp mode what I noticed is when I first start my car in the morning I feel the turbo I feels fine the light doesn't go away though but after the car warms up I feel no turbo what can it be?

The check engine light indicates that there is likely something wrong with the engine or transmission in your vehicle and will usually come on in conjunction with the vehicle going into the reduced power mode. This happens when the vehicle computer detects something wrong with the engine or transmission that may potentially cause further damage or present a safety issue. It is important to have this diagnosed as soon as possible as it could range from something minor to something more serious. Unfortunately, there are many different reasons for this light to come on and the best way to diagnose is to have the vehicle hooked up to a scanner which will download the engine fault codes indicating more specifically what may be wrong. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.