Q: I recently replaced the battery in my vehicle; after replacing the battery the car horn completely stopped working.

I drive a 2010 Ford Fusion SE and about 3 weeks ago my battery died. I had someone replace the battery for me since I did not have time and after fixing the battery the car horn began to stop working. The car horn worked the day after replacing the battery, but since then it has quit working. I checked the fuse panel and everything and the car horn fuse was perfectly fine.

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

To diagnose this you can check for battery voltage at the horn terminals when you activate the horn button. If voltage is present, the horn is defective. If no voltage is present, trace the circuit back to the battery and that will reveal the interruption (use the factory wiring diagram). If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical component diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.