Q: Reverse beep is always beeping when not in reverse

I would be much happier with my recently purchased 2015 Jeep Cherokee if it didn’t have such an annoying problem! The stupid beep that warns you when you are backing up near something else will just stay on! So annoying! How can a bug like this make it into production? I am disappointed that new cars, even one with less than a thousand miles on it, can’t even be reliable, this is not a smartphone! It is a vehicle people rely on! How can I make this stop?

A: The park sense system on your Jeep controls...

The park sense system on your Jeep controls the back-up beep. The manufacturer has not listed any problems or fixes for this issue yet even though there have been complaints. Until a fix is listed, all I can suggest are some items you can check. Examine and clean all sensors on the front and rear bumpers and check for any damage. If you have had a trailer hitch installed then make sure the hitch insert is removed. Some trailer hitch insert causes the sensors to detect something by the bumper and activate the warning signal. If sensor beep is still on after this, then turn off park sense, go to an open parking lot, shutoff your car, and restart then reengage the park sense system. If problem continues after this, schedule a repair at your local dealer.