Q: New brake pads worn down twice in a month ruining new rotor

asked by on March 18, 2018

I have replaced the brake pads and rotors on the front passenger side of my vehicle twice in a month and they are ground down to bare metal ruining the rotor

Hi there. Thanks for taking time to contacting us today. There are typically three reasons why brake pads will wear excessively as you’ve described. First, if the wrong components are used or installed incorrectly, if the brake calipers are not correctly aligned or applying too much brake pressure, or aggressive braking. The best advice I can offer is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a brake inspection so they can determine what is causing this issue.