Q: Battery saver active 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

A couple days ago I had my battery and alternator checked because the message charging system failure appeared. Both tested good. Then today the message charging system failure appear then battery saver active message appeared. What should I do?

Hello - the Battery Saver feature tries to identify scenarios where the charging system is not keeping up with electrical load. If the battery is failing, or if the voltage regulator is not keeping system voltage high enough (13 volts or more at a fast idle), the system will warn, then shut down non-essentials (like AC) to preserve battery capacity to get you to a repair facility. I would recommend a charging system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Battery saver active 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix