Q: Delay when pressing the gas peadal + weird sound

Hi, i have a small problem with my car. When i press the gas pedal, the motor have about 0,5 secound delay before it will rev.

Airfilter, fuelfilter and spark plugs are new

I do not know if this can have anything with the delay to do, but when i let hold the gass on the sweetspot where i will maintain the speed, it can hassitate a little bit, only on between first and third gear. The hessitating do not happen when the tank is full, but the delay is always there

I also have a weird whistle noise from my car, i have no idea what it is, but you can hear it here in a video i found, but you can not hear mine that good. I do not hear the sound when doing more than 10 - 15 mph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Gcwf4JBYo

I hope you can help me.

Please contact me at: joatvei@outlook.com

Sincerely Joackim S.T

Hi there. It sounds like you may be having a concern with the air flow meter; these can send false signals to the ECM without setting a code. Pull the meter and perform a visual inspection checking the exposed wire element on the sensor. If the wire is completely coated or black on one side it has failed to perform the self cleaning feature and is most likely providing that false signal and causing the hesitation. There could be several things that could be causing the noise you’ve described; anything rotating externally or internally for the engine and transmission. However, there may be an air leak that is not obvious and may need further diagnosis; this could also cause the hesitation or add to the problem. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car hesitates inspection.

3. Delay when pressing the gas peadal + weird sound