Q: I have a 2013 hyundai elantra. today my car would not shift out of 1st gear and would not go over 20 miles per hour it was like i

Today i was on my way to work. was driving fine, but then started to slip and jerk. then as i got 3 streets away from my home, it started to feel like i was driving in neutral and that it would not shift above 1st gear from the stop sign. I drove @ 20 miles an hour one more street, then turned around and came home. It sat at 5 on the rpm side like it was going to shift but never did. my car has a feature that you can also put it in manual, i checked to make sure i was not in this feature, and then after advice from my husband on the phone, put it in this feature, and still did not work. Please help.

It sounds like the transmission may have gone into limp mode. An electronic or mechanical issue with the transmission is telling the transmission control unit to keep the speed and shifting down. If you are the original owner of the vehicle, the engine and transmission are under a 10 year or 100,000 mile warranty. If you are not the original owner, the engine and transmission are still covered for 5 years or 60,000 miles. You should call your local Hyundai dealer service department and have the vehicle towed in as soon as possible.

3. I have a 2013 hyundai elantra. today my car would not shift out of 1st gear and would not go over 20 miles per hour it was like i