Q: Car stalls after reaching operating temp

When I slow down or make a turn at a corner, my car quits! For a while it would restart - but not now - totally gone. I got a ride from a friend and when I went back to my car, it started. So I assume it's overheating? What should I do?

A: Depends on if the engine is overheating or ...

Depends on if the engine is overheating or not. It would not stall on turns only, if it was overheating. It would stall a lot more often than that. You may have a problem with the EGR valve sticking open or the charging system is failing. This problem should leave a code in the computer that can be diagnosed by a mechanic. If there are no codes then the computer may be loosing power or have loose connections to the ECM. A professional technician will be able inspect what’s causing the stall in order to get your vehicle running normally.