Q: Q: Car rattles after accelerating

Shortly after acceleration, the car begins to make a rattling sound. I was told it may be the heat shield, an exhaust leak, or muffler.

Yes, a loose heat shield, exhaust leak, damaged muffler or catalytic converter, or even a faulty engine mount may all contribute to a rattling noise. The exhaust system and motor mounts need to be inspected for contact issues. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and training to correct this rattling noise, and prevent it from returning in the future.

3. Q: Car rattles after accelerating