Q: My 2001 Camry stalls in reverse.

when I get into my car, I turn on the ignition and I put the car in reverse to back out of the drive way and the car dies.

Hi there. Check the conditions of when the engine is stalling out. Push the vehicle into a spot where you can start the engine and put the transmission in drive. Then see if the vehicle drives around. If the vehicle drives around fine, then drive the vehicle around for about 10 minutes and then bring it to a stop where you started. Put the transmission in park and shut off the engine. Restart the engine and put the transmission in reverse and see if the vehicle moves. If the engine is wanting to stall out, then there is an issue with the transmission. Either the Main valve in the transmission is out of alignment causing the reverse to be locked with the forward engagement, or there is a cross leak inside the transmission causing the transmission to lock up in reverse. If this is the case, then the transmission would need rebuilt or replaced. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling when putting into reverse, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.