Q: How do I know if the occupant restraint controller (ORC) is working?

How do I know if the occupant restraint controller (ORC) is working?

A: The occupant restraint controller (OCR) is ...

The occupant restraint controller (OCR) is what monitors the sensors detecting a crash, and is what sends the signal to deploy the air bags. This is a passive system, which means, it's working whenever the key is in the "Run" position. This system will only alert you if there is a fault. When there is a fault, it will illuminate the SRS Light with the key in the run position. It’s normal for the light to illuminate briefly upon start up. If there is no fault to illuminate the lamp, the system is operating normally.