Q: No start condition

asked by on December 04, 2016

engine cranks have fuel have spark have compression took the intake lines out from the turbo to replace because of vac loss. engine then would not start. got fuel at least to the rail. got spark at the plugs. can here a hissing noise at the rail but this may have alread been there. but never noticed it. Fuel pump does not seem to stop priming. almost fires sometimes then dies.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If your issues began after you removed the turbo lines then the first thing I would do is go back and make sure that all of the hoses and lines were reinstalled correctly. Any sort of boost or vacuum leaks could very well be causing your stalling. If everything looks good then I would move on to examining the fuel and engine management systems. A few things to look at would be the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, and mass airflow sensor. A fault with any of these could cause the symptoms you are experiencing if they throw off the vehicle’s air fuel ratio or timing. If the fuel pump is making unusual sounds then that could be a sign that it may be having issues. A fuel pressure test would be the best way to determine if the pump or regulator are the issue. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what the cause of your no stat condition may be.