Q: Short in Amps of mustang causes battery drain. With fuse removed mustang runs fine. Will replacing amps fix this?

Was told there was a short in my rear amps due to the car being a convertible and 18 years old it had some leaks in the rag top. With the fuse removed there is no drain when the car is not running. My question is if I replace the rear amps will that take care of the issue? If so what kind of amps beside the Mach 460 amps could I replace them with? Mustang convertible GT 2000

If there is water leaking into the convertible top well and trunk area, this should be addressed first. Replacing electronic components while still having a water leak issue will only cause damage to the replacement components. If the leak has been corrected, then proceed. When it comes to original equipment sound systems, aftermarket components may not match up or work correctly when attempting to mix them with original components. You best source for an answer may be a local or online source for audio equipment. Over the years, someone may have been able to find components that may work well when adding them to original equipment systems. Another possibility is to search online for used or reconditioned factory components. If you are otherwise happy with the sound system, this may be the easiest and least expensive rout to take. Purchasing them new may be very expensive.

3. Short in Amps of mustang causes battery drain. With fuse removed mustang runs fine. Will replacing amps fix this?