Q: dont know if my tranny is shifting into overdrive and the torch converter not locking in or the orther way around

asked by on March 07, 2018

tranny shift fine when it hit 40 it sound like the tourch locks in and the over drive is not and it will not go over 50mph

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Gear selection, and coincident operating parameters (e.g., line pressure; solenoid position), on your transmission are easiest to see with a manufacturer scan tool. If and once it is determined that there is no lock-up, or no overdrive gear, the cause would be diagnosed using that scan tool. Note that some components such as a faulty vehicle speed sensor or faulty throttle position sensor can be implicated in a failure to shift scenario like yours. If you desire a diagnostic, the recommended service is a transmission shift diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.