Q: Grinding noise when braking and turning left.

Bright my 2013 charger in for a recall. I asked them to see if they can tell me why it's grinding. It happens only when i brake and turn LEFT at the same time. (Its not brakes or rotors).. they seemed like they forgot to check when i asked. Then he goes oh uhhhh its the strut tensioner... we can fix for $700.... thanks but no thanks buddy! So let me ask you guys. wouldn't tensioner with the ball joint make more of a clunk? I don't see how that would create a grinding, scraping sound. Anyone have any ideas please?

Hi there. The grinding noise seems to be a rotating item on your vehicle. Check the wheel bearings on the front of the vehicle and see if there is any dust around them. If there is dust, then the bearing grease is dry enough to where only you feel the grinding when turning as the bearing gets more stress applied as the weight of the vehicle is pressed on or against the bearing. This is not a strut or suspension issue as the items only move when turning or start / stopping. They will not make a grinding noise. Now, I have seen a loose tire make a grinding noise as the wheel is rubbing on the rotors. Also, if your tires are too wide, they will rub the tread on the frame or a bolt causing the grinding noise as well. I recommend jacking up the vehicle and removing the front wheels and checking the front wheels and tires to see if there is any scraping marks on the wheels and if any of the inside sidewall tread is missing. If you need further assistance with you front end making a grinding noise when turning and braking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.