Q: My husband replaced the throttle body and petal switch. The light keeps coming on. How do you clear the codes? 2011 Dodge Caliber

I have a 2011 dodge caliber. The light with lightning bolts aND an exclamation came up. I lost power in my petal. Replaced the throttle body, and excellent tor switch. The lights keeps coming on and the gas petal loses power. It could be 2 miles on a trip or 10. When you turn the key off and on, it works for a bit, then the same thing. The light comes on when it does this. Any suggestions? We are not sure how to reset the code, would this help?

Hi there - check the problem code that keeps coming up. I suspect a mismatch between the throttle position sensor (TPS) and the engine computer. The TPS has software in it that has to be coded specifically to the engine computer. Simply replacing the TPS does not guarantee it has the right software loaded. Unfortunately, this has to be done by the dealer of a Dodge Service Center with this software capability.