Q: Misfiring on a 2003 Audi A4 3.0

My Audi A4 3.0 'O3 is having a misfire. I already replaced the coil. Sparkplug at one of my coils was drowned in oil of an old leak. Can you tell me what to replace? Is it the MAF sensor or cover gasket?

You’ve got to replace the cover gasket valve that’s leaking oil in the spark plugs. But that’s not going to get it to run better right away. But I would change that. If it’s running poorly, it’s not going to make it run well after you changed all the coils because it takes a lot of time to short them out.

You’d want to change it because you know that’s out. But there are a lot of things that can make those things misfire. I’d advise you to see a mechanic to diagnose the misfiring issue for you. I use a Webcom computer which is a very expensive tool that Audis, Porches, and Volkswagens use for figuring out what is wrong with them. I would advise you to have one of those hooked up and check it out rather than just guessing on those parts.