Q: shimmy in steering wheel

My new Volks Wagon Touareg has a shimmy in the steering wheel when crusing at 70 mph. What could be causing this to happen?

A: Hello. This is caused by either a bent whee...

Hello. This is caused by either a bent wheel or a wheel balance issue. Due to the size and style of these tires and wheels they need to be road force balanced. This will allow for tire to wheel matching that creates a much better balanced tire.

If you decide to get this fixed, consider enlisting a qualified mechanic who can diagnose your shaking in steering wheel at your own convenience.