Q: I was told my engine was seized however it starts and the motor runs. My mechanic is clearing lying to me. Can A seized engine run

Hello, I was driving and my cars engine stalled on me, it had been making a noise for about 10 minutes before so I pulled into a gas station, the check engine light and oil light then came on and the car shut off completely. Later i was told my engine was seized and I'd have to replace it because I hadn't gotten an oil change when i was certain i had more miles until it was necessary. Anyway, It's in the shop now and this shifty eyed mechanic wont tell me a price. He says he has to take apart the bottom and see what is clogged and or not turning. This labor is 200$ (he said) and he said he'd take it off the bill if he could find what needed to be repaired and fix it. The only thing is MY ENGINE RUNS AND THE MOTOR IS TURNING FINE. I know I don't need an entirely new engine but I'm wondering if i even need a repair? Bottom line i ran my car with too little oil but i think the damage is MINIMAL to none. Are there DIY way This is the main part I want clarification on. Thank you

Hi there. If the engine is currently running, it would not mean it has seized up. Although the engine is running, it is possible that the engine may have locked up (due to lack of lubrication). The biggest problem with issues like you’ve described is that it is very hard to diagnose a problem without removing the oil pan and inspecting the connecting rods and other internal engine components. If you’re not satisfied with the mechanic and his diagnosis process or business ethics, you are well within your rights to have him reassemble anything removed and return your vehicle - for the cost of any services rendered. I wish we could help you, but unfortunately, our mobile mechanics are unable to complete internal engine inspections.

3. I was told my engine was seized however it starts and the motor runs. My mechanic is clearing lying to me. Can A seized engine run