Q: I would like to know if the tps sensor can affect the transmission shift.

asked by on November 22, 2016

Is like is going to neutral went i stop

Transmission Position Sensor (Switch) Replacement $105.40 - $1003.94 Get a Quote

Hi there. Sounds like the transmission range selector sensor is failing. Check the harness to the range selector on the transmission shifter located on the housing of the transmission. Visually look at the sensor and see if its broken or cracked. I recommend replacing the sensor if there is moisture on the contacts, its broken, or its cracked. The throttle position sensor will not make the transmission go into neutral at an idle. What it might do is cause the engine to run at a higher rpm or a lower rpm, depending on the failure of the sensor. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with your transmission shifting into neutral when at a stop, but the shifter is in the ’D’ selection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr