Q: The weld broke from the manifold or the catalytic converter. Will it be ok to drive if a few miles until I can get it fixed

With the pipe off the manifold or catalytic converter, can I drive it for a few days until i can get it fixed.

Hi there. Where the manifold is located on this vehicle, you may cause additional damage to the surrounding area components from the exhaust heat. I would not recommend driving it except to the repair shop if it is only a couple miles away. Even just driving it to the repair shop is a bit risky as well. If you’d like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to the car’s location to inspect the car and can help resolve this issue for you from there.

• The weld broke from the manifold or the catalytic converter. Will it be ok to drive if a few miles until I can get it fixed