Q: Could a bad sway bar bracket and a dry rotted bushing be causing the pop sound I hear? 2002 Saturn SC2

Had a friend look at my car I got the ball joints and tie rod ends on both sides replaced. I hear a pop sound whenever I turn the wheel it's coming from the front of the driver side of the car. We looked underneath and the driver side bracket of the sway bar is bent and the bushing is dry rotted. The other isn't bent but bad bushing if I'm correct. Could this be causing the loud pop. He checked the boots for the axles on both sides and they looked good.

Hello - the popping noise could be the sway bar mount bushings, and you would certainly want to replace them if there are rotted or not holding the sway bar firmly. The popping sound could also be the strut bearings. Disconnecting the sway bar links, then turning the steering wheel while the car is sitting, and listening for the popping noise should help confirm the source of the noise. (If the noise goes away after this test, you have confirmed that it is the sway bar bushings.) I recommend a steering and suspension inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Could a bad sway bar bracket and a dry rotted bushing be causing the pop sound I hear? 2002 Saturn SC2